Piperwai Natural Deodorant made it to the list, and this led to them being the famous deodorant featured on ABC Shark Tank.
ABC Shark Tank is a popular TV show that helps budding entrepreneurs actualize their dreams. This is done by getting them to pitch their ideas to titans in the industry, with full conviction to invest money in the entrepreneurial idea.
Background Information you Need to Know About this Famous Deodorant.
- Jess Edelstein and Sarah Ribner founded it.
- They discovered activated charcoal to be the secret ingredient needed to make their product just what they wanted it to be. Natural, useful and free of offensive odor and irritation.
- At the time, no other natural deodorant company had tried using activated charcoal in their products. Jess and Sarah decided to jump on it.
- The name ‘PiperWai’ was derived from the name of Jess’ dog, Piper, and the Wai Wai tribe in Guyana that Sarah once visited.
- Piperwai was launched with $2000 loan gotten from Jess’ parents in 2014.
- They were able to make profits after five months in business.
How They Became the Famous Deodorant Featured on ABC Shark Tank
After being on the show, Piperwai got orders for about 100,000 jars. This kept them on their toes, as they had just 10,000 jars ready.
Before then, they resorted to crowdfunding which helped them to keep thriving and manufacturing more products.
The ‘Shark Tank’ effect, however, was beyond what they expected. With the continuous sales to thousands of people, they were able to record $1million worth of deodorant within two weeks.
- It makes use of activated charcoal that has been tested free of harmful effects on the skin.
- It is purely natural and packed with essential oils and other natural products, to yield best results.
- It helps significantly to absorb toxins from the body and tighten pores.
- It absorbs odor and wetness in the underarms.
The famous deodorant featured on ABC Shark Tank has now grown to be a true and original brand of its own.